Resources for Faculty and Staff
Career Services partners with faculty and staff, and the larger SDSU community, to provide resources that prepare students for the professional world.
Faculty and Staff are encouraged to consider creating a Faculty/Staff account within Aztec Career Connection. Faculty/Staff accounts may be used to:
- Recommend jobs and events to students in your department/college
- Encourage students to attend career development events & activities
- Review student videos from Big Interview
- and more!
Faculty and Staff may also consider creating a separate account as an Employer. When you register as an employer with Aztec Career Connection, a wide array of services and resources are available to your department or college, including:
- Post jobs, internships, and research opportunities (free!) to recruit students from any major
- Participate in career fairs
- Enjoy sponsorship and promotion opportunities
- and more!
- We welcome your involvement! Please refer your students to Career Services for career-related questions.
Request a classroom presentation (including employer panels)
- We bring the information right to your class. We offer workshops and class presentations on resumé writing, interviewing skills, networking, job search strategies, “What Can I Do with This Degree?” — as well as employer and alumni presentations.
Help with your Aztec Career Connection account
To request a new faculty/staff account, or for support with your existing account, please provide your RedID number to
For assistance and support with your employer account, please contact
How to post internships, find internship contacts, and more. Find everything you need to know about internships here!
Give assignments using our helpful online tools
- Several resources are available for faculty that can be easily incorporated into your courses as assignments or for extra credit. They are available via login to Aztec Career Connection. Please contact Rosa Moreno at 619-594-4378 or [email protected] for more details.
- Big Interview: An online interview preparation service. Contains guided study modules for students to enhance their interviewing skills
- Going Global: A resource for working abroad. Contains country guides, job postings abroad and webinars.
- Type Focus: A career assessment tool. Helps students explore occupations related to their personality, interests and values.
Writing student references
- See the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) guidelines for writing references.